Advanced Safety Protocols – Milton, MA
Updating Our Dental Office for the Times
The modern dental landscape has changed dramatically thanks to COVID-19. Even though dentists are able to offer elective dental procedures again and are open for regular checkups and cleanings, we have had to make a number of changes to the way we operate in order to ensure the health and safety of every single one of our patients. This page covers some of the changes that we’ve made in light of the pandemic; please reach out to us if you have questions about the way we currently operate. We hope this information helps you feel comfortable about scheduling your loved ones’ next appointments.
Dear Family and Friends:
We are excited to provide yet another update regarding the operations at our dental office. As provided by the Massachusetts Phased Reopening Guidelines and due to the extraordinary success with the various safety measures and protocols installed at the dental office, we are proud to announce that our dental office continues to be fully operational. We have resumed providing all dental care in our dental office, including preventive hygiene care for children and adults.
Due to the reduced access to care earlier this spring and summer as well as the fall and winter being a seasonally very busy time for our dental office, we are doing everything we can to accommodate each of our existing patients. That said, many of our appointments are booking up well into the fall and early winter, especially for hygiene. If you would like to be seen this year, please call us to schedule an appointment and we will work with you to provide you and your loved ones with an appointment that fits into your busy schedule. We are also working hard to proactively contact each of you who have had to experience a cancellation or delay due to our prior dental office closure and reduction in hours.
If you have concerns about using your dental insurance benefits before they expire at the end of the year, please call us and we will work with you to coordinate any logistics. Unfortunately, despite you and/or your employer paying monthly insurance premiums but being restricted in accessing your benefits due to reduced operations during the height of the pandemic, many carriers will still be letting those annual benefits expire at the end of the year if left unused. We, and our industry in general, are actively advocating for each of you to compel insurance companies to extend those benefits into next year.
As a reminder, you will continue to experience some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you, your families, and our team members. A few of the measures you will notice include:
- Our dental office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering or mask to your appointment
- We are asking that you call the dental office when you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment so we can coordinate traffic in the dental office with minimal patient-to-patient interaction.
- We will ask you a few additional screening questions and let you know when it’s time to come inside.
- We will be taking everyone’s temperature (including our own!).
- We will have hand sanitizer when you enter the dental office as well as at other points throughout.
- Appointments will be managed to increase opportunities for social distancing in the dental office. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment during this phase of reopening.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the dental office at any one time.
- You will notice that we will be wearing a few extra articles of personal protective equipment to provide an enhanced level of protection. Please know we are still smiling underneath these masks and shields!
We look forward to seeing you again and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the important steps we are taking to keep you, and every client, safe in our dental office. To make an appointment, please call our dental office at (617) 696-4800.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, family, and friends.
The Entire Team at Milton Hill Dental
About Us Meet the Team Advanced Dental Technology View Our Services